Year of Admission
072 399 3515 / 011 895 9000
First Floor, Village Chambers
Amelia obtained her LLB from the University of the Witwatersrand pursuant to a BA and BA Honours with a focus on International Relations. She completed pupillage and joined the Bar in 2010.
Although she has a general civil litigation practice with experience in Banking, Contractual, Family and Property law, her particular areas of focus are in fields of Administrative and Public Interest law.
Amelia was recently nominated as Pro Bono Advocate of the year, and is currently the first and only Baha’i Advocate in South Africa.
Fields of practice
- Administrative Law
- Constitutional and Human Rights Law
- “Refugees, Rights & Wrongs : Observations on the inefficient processing of Asylum Seeker & Refugee Applications by the Department of Home Affairs” – paper presented at the “Twenty Years of South African Constitutionalism Conference” hosted by the New York Law School, November 2014
- BA LLB, University of the Witwatersrand – 2006
- BA Hons, University of the Witwatersrand – 2007
- LLB, University of the Witwatersrand – 2009