Year of Admission
082 376 6778
Second Floor, Village Chambers
Conrad joined the Johannesburg Bar in 1999. Prior to that he served as a Magistrate in the Civil Court section of the Johannesburg Magistrate’s Court until 1999 when he joined the Johannesburg Bar. During his tenure as Magistrate he enjoyed extensive exposure to civil trials and Motion Court matters. He was also responsible for training of Civil Court Magistrates. His practice constitutes civil litigation in the High Court as well as civil arbitrations.
Areas of Practice
He practices principally in the following areas of law:
- Law of Contract, with special interest and experience in the following matters:
- Construction-related matters (FIDIC and JBCC contractual disputes; road construction disputes; engineering disputes);
- Disputes in the agricultural sector;
- Interpretation of contracts;
- Company Law;
- Insolvency Law;
- Consumer Law.
Principal reported cases
- He appeared for the successful Respondent in the landmark decision of BothmaBatho Transport (Pty) Ltd v S Bothma & Seun Transport (Pty) Ltd 2014(2) SA 499 (SCA) (which laid down the revisited procedure to be adopted when interpreting written agreements).
- Chartaprops 16 (Pty) Limited and Another v Silberman 2001(1) SA 265 (SCA): A matter which dealt with the liability of a principal for wrongs committed by an independent subcontractor or its employees;
- Ndlovu v Santam 2006(2) SA 239 (SCA): A matter which dealt with the repudiation of contracts and the appealability of decisions.