Year of Admission
082 938 8177 / 011 895 9000
Second Floor, Village Chambers
Nadeem Alli commenced practice as an attorney at the beginning of 2007. Whilst doing so, he gained experience in the following areas:
- Banking law (litigation and advisory),
- Evictions (both commercial and PIE applications)
- Administration of Estates,
- Contractual Tax Claims,
- Drafting of Contracts and contractual disputes.
He simultaneously completed a postgraduate Higher diploma in Taxation at the University of Johannesburg and graduated in March 2008.
Thereafter, he was appointed by RMB in their Litigation and Credit Department as their legal counsel. He maintained a national position for the Bank where high level collections and recoveries were conducted by him and RMB’s litigation team. He subsequently was admitted as an advocate in February 2010 and became a full member of the Johannesburg Bar and society of advocates.
He currently practices as an advocate holding chambers at Group 21 in Sandown Village.
Nadeem has appeared in the following tribunals and/ Courts of Law:
- Constitutional Court of South Africa;
- Supreme Court of Appeal in Bloemfontein;
- High Courts in Johannesburg, Mafikeng, Pretoria;
- Various Magistrates’ Courts all over the Republic of South Africa;
- Labour Court of Johannesburg;
- The CCMA in Johannesburg;
- Liquidation Enquiries held in both Pretoria and Johannesburg at the Master’s offices.
- An adjudicator for the SAIPA’s appeal forum.
Fields of practice
- Administrative Law
- Banking and finance
- Commercial Law
- Competition Law
- Criminal Law
- Insolvency and Company Law
- Labour Law
- Matrimonial and Family Law
- Personal injury and medical negligence
Principal reported cases
- WRIGHT v WRIGHT 2013 (3) SA 360 (GSJ)
- INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION OF SOUTH AFRICA v SOOLIMAN AND OTHERS 2013 (5) SA 603 (GSJ)
LLB, HDIP TAX, National Credit Act and Debt counselling accreditation.
Adjudicator for the South African Institute of Professsional Accountants (SAIPA) appeal forum.