Year of Admission
072 108 1592 / 011 895 9000
Ground Floor, Village Chambers
Shehnaaz qualified with the LLB degree from the University of the Witwatersrand. She qualified for and completed the LLM degree in Labour Law in 2009 at the same university. She completed pupillage and was enlisted as a member of the Bar of Advocates of Johannesburg in 2010.
Her practice has grown largely into the fields of general commercial law and labour law, with a particular interest in corporate governance and alternative dispute resolution.
Shehnaaz has been actively involved in undertaking pro bono matters and in this regard has worked closely with organizations such as the Wits Law Clinic, The Freedom of Expression Institute, and the Womens Legal Forum.
Fields of Practice
- Commercial Law
- Insolvency and Company Law
- Labour Law
Principal Reported Cases
- Hlophe and Others v City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality and Others (48102/2012)  ZAGPJHC 98; 2013 (4) SA 212 (GSJ) (3 May 2013).
- LLB, University of the Witwatersrand -2008
- LLM (Labour Law) University of the Witwatersrand- 2009
- Registered with ADR-Network SA-2015
- Currently (2015) completing board examinations with the Institute of Chartered Company Secretaries
S Rawat “Freedom of religion in the workplace” LLM Dissertation, University of the Witwatersrand (2009)
Advocates for Transformation
English and Afrikaans