Year Of Admission:
- 082 893 5264
- Administrative law
- Banking and finance
- Civil litigation
- Constitutional law
- Human rights
- Environmental law
- Insolvency and company law
- Local government law
- Medical negligence
- Personal injury
- Property law
Brief curriculum vitae:
R J de Beer (Jaco) was admitted and joined the Bar in 1997. He practices mainly in the field of personal injuries, medical negligence, constitutional law, administrative and municipal law, and general commercial and contractual litigation.
B. Jur. LLB. LLM. (Cum Laude)
Johannesburg Society of Advocates
Principal Reported Cases:
- BMW FINANCIAL SERVICES (SOUTH AFRICA) (PTY) LTD v DR MB MULAUDZI INC 2009 (3) SA 348 (B).
- AFRIFORUM AND ANOTHER v MALEMA AND ANOTHER 2011 (6) SA 240 (EqC).
- CJA Lourens / Speaker of the National Assembly and others 2015 (1) SA 618 (EqC).
- De Kock v Middelohoven 2018 (3) SA 180 (GP).
- Coetzee v Registrar of Deeds, Bloemfontein and Others (1674/2017)  ZAFSHC 189 (10 November 2017).
- LATAKGOMO, M. N. V MINISTER OF SAFETY AND SECURITY CASE NO: 52923A/2008 – APPEAL CASE NO: A861/2014 (Full bench Gauteng Provincial Division after successfully petitioning to the Appellant Division) – Par 27 When a Police officer violates his standing orders…..
- N M Scrap (Pty) Ltd v Transnet Ltd (45269/12)  ZAGPJHC 86 (27 March 2013)- Saflii.
- Firstrand Bank Ltd v Bunker Hills Investments 499 CC (32130/11)  ZAGPJHC 84 (4 May 2012) (From South Africa: South Gauteng High Court, Johannesburg; 4 May 2012; 19 KB)- Saflii
De Jure Volume 2 2013 – The consequences of pleading a non-admission
de Beer, RJ Vol 10, No 3 (2007) – Article the enforcement of socio-economic rights
Lectures and presentations:
Lecture – Group 21 – Pleading a Non Admission
Adjudicating Public Speaking at the Law Faculty of the University of Pretoria